Coming up: a two day conference hosted by the European Turtle Alliance!
Coming up: a two day conference at Writtle University College, Chelmsford, UK on 11 & 12 November 2023 hosted by the European Turtle Alliance. For members of the European Studbook Foundation you can use the discount code: ESF-ETA when purchasing tickets for the event. Visit the website of the European Turtle Alliance to learn more about the event.
Provisional conference speakers:
- Boris Berlijn, Chair, European Studbook Foundation – ‘Conservation breeding in Europe’
- Eleanor Tirtasana Chubb, Chair, Tortoise Welfare UK – ‘Welfare and conservation: changing populations of Chelonia in the UK’
- Dr. Shannon Diruzzo, Veterinarian, Turtle Island – ‘Developments in Chelonian medicine’
- Dani Kilroy, Qualified Keeper, Marwell Zoo – ‘Introducing the new glasshouse habitat and Chelonia at Marwell Zoo’
- Dr. Peter Praschag, Chair, Turtle Island – ‘Challenges of breeding endangered turtles’
- Matt Rendle, Chair, Association of Zoo and Exotic Veterinary Nurses – ‘Improving Chelonia participation and knowledge’
- Colin Stevenson, Head of Education, Crocodiles of the World – ‘Hatching Galapagos tortoises in the UK’
- Job Stumpel, Veterinarian, Emmen Zoo – ‘Captive care and breeding Vietnamese black-breasted leaf turtle Geoemyda spengleri and the Japanese leaf turtle Geoemyda japonica’
- Dr. David Williams, Veterinarian, Royal Veterinary College – ‘Reptile Ophthalmology’
- Jane Williams, Founder, Tortoise South East – ‘Changes in welfare and conservation legislation’
- Tom Wells, Research Coordinator, European Turtle Alliance – ‘European Turtle Alliance graduate grants for Chelonia research’